SA: Fires at Spring

power-pole
Congty, SA: Power has been re-established to almost all of the 8,981 customers initially impacted by an early morning power outage. It began around 5:00 a.m. on Tuesday. Officials tell the problem was caused by a power pole that caught fire along Monte Hill Road. The fire department says they have taken action to several calls of power poles catching fire recently, mainly in the Monte Hill area. They say power pole fires are very much common in the early spring. They happen when a buildup of grime occurs in the insulators which are used to attach electrical wires to the power poles. A light rain, dense fog can produce the right conditions for the insulators to start to overheat which will cause the fire.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Download Free Premium Joomla Templates • FREE High-quality Joomla! Designs BIGtheme.net