Tag Archives: General News

Fines for using unsafe electric products

unsafe-electrical-product

Donald Inc., S.A. is facing more than Rand 100,000 in fines from the Occupational Safety Administration (OSA) for alleged failure to solve workplace hazards discovered by OSA inspectors, the agency said. Inspectors found 12 serious violations of using low and unsafe electric products at South Africa according to an OSA press release. The agency defines severe violations as those that ... Read More »

Plumbing accident case at Johannesburg

Plumbing-accident-case-at-Johannesburg

A fire that caused more than Rand 1 million in damage to a commercial building in Johannesburg’s Tenderloin neighborhood on Sunday was apparently caused by a plumbing accident, a fire department spokesman said Monday. The four-alarm fire was reported at 9:15 p.m. Monday at a seven-story building at 701 O’Zarrell St. It took firefighters more than four hours to quench ... Read More »

Restructuring announcement

cleaning-news

In its continuous attempt to set up and move forward globally recognized standards and certifications for the inspection, cleaning and installation industries, The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) announced the restructuring of its global regions. South Africa has also an active involvement with this institute. “Through our labor with the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and other ... Read More »

Renovation program in a small city of Capetown

construct-news

The city of Darling will undergo a revamping worth €30 million, in a bid that will assist offer better living conditions for 5,000 inhabitants. During this program, a total of 5,225 houses that faces in trouble will be renovated. The Darling Agency for Development and Rehabilitation (DADAR) announced, during their 15th anniversary, that 153 of the 5,225 houses targeted will ... Read More »

SA: Fires at Spring

power-pole

Congty, SA: Power has been re-established to almost all of the 8,981 customers initially impacted by an early morning power outage. It began around 5:00 a.m. on Tuesday. Officials tell the problem was caused by a power pole that caught fire along Monte Hill Road. The fire department says they have taken action to several calls of power poles catching ... Read More »

Food Lanes

food-lane1

Now, most fast food hotels, restaurants and other facilities offer food lanes where patrons can place and pick up orders. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is restricting these facilities in certain parts of the country that they may face huge fines if the wastewater generated by this type of cleaning is not properly disposed of. According to the EPA, Section 31 ... Read More »

Burn from Arc Flash

electrical-accident

Rolty, SA: A man was wounded from an electrical explosion at Rolty Industries Inc. on Diversion Street, Johannesburg just before 11:00 a.m. Tuesday. Rural Ambulance Services reported that the man, 55, was taken with flash burn to Memorial Hospital after the explosion, which occurred at 35 Diversion St. He received burns to 40 percent of his body, mainly to his ... Read More »

Water tanker Case in Darling of Capetown

Water-tanker-Case

A five-year-old schoolgirl, Mande, was crushed under the rear wheels of a speeding water tanker on Friday afternoon on Biston Road in Capetown. The local police have arrested the tanker driver Donald Aroxe (45) of Darling. A complaint in this regard was registered with the local police station by the victim’s relative, ZonarVerk(25) of Darling. Assistant police inspector, SB Javale ... Read More »

A South African Company faces penalty of Rand 69770

rtr3ck6i

Xola, SA: The SA Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration has fined Xola company an amount of south African Rand 69,770. Xola Electricals Inc., 385 Street Road, was quoted for five “serious” safety and health violations for divulging workers to electrical, fall and noise hazards, a news release states. The agency scrutinized the business in November, 2013 after ... Read More »

Plumbing case at Capetown

Plmb-news

Paul Samual, 32, became trapped by the neck face down after accidentally turning on a hydraulic toilet seat. Ambulance troops who carried Paul thought his neck was broken, but X-rays later on showed he had suffered only staining. Saviors were called to the property in Street Road, Capetown, on Monday after Mr Sailor’s workmates heard his screams for help. The ... Read More »

Download Free Premium Joomla Templates • FREE High-quality Joomla! Designs BIGtheme.net